- Accompanied viewing's of the properties of interest.
- Speedy processing of references to ensure that tenants can move into properties with a minimum of delay.
- We hold full Professional Indemnity Insurance and all tenants’ monies and deposits are held in accordance with current guidelines.
- Our professional and friendly team remove the pressure associated with finding a suitable property by always being available to help in finding you that property that suits your lifestyle and needs.
- Matching of requirements with our extensive database of available properties.
- Offer an in house maintenance team that will ensure that any issues are dealt with swiftly and properly.
- Only offer superior housing and deal with respectable landlords to ensure that you tenancy is as peaceful as humanly possible.
- Offer advice on the local area meaning that we can advise you on finding a property that does more than provide you with accommodation. We will always take your needs into consideration first.
At a time when there are letting agents in almost every street corner, it is rare to find one that has survived the ups and downs in the market for 30 years.
Intercity Accommodation was established in 1980 and purchased as a going concern on the 18 October 1988 as a somewhat dormant property management company. A small box of card files was included in the sale in which the details of owners were found. All of those original landlords are still with Intercity after 30 years of great partnerships.
On 18 October 2018 Intercity Accommodation will celebrate its 30th
anniversary and is probably the longest established lettings and property management agency in Leeds. Intercity was originally based on Briggate, Leeds and relocated to Far Headingley in 1995.
30 years ago…
- There were no to let boards for residential property and we were the first to introduce these in Leeds. They had to be hand painted!
- It was common practise for agencies to charge prospective tenants for a list of available properties. Intercity Accommodation was the first to introduce the correct system of charging tenants only when accommodation is actually secured.
- Assured Shorthold tenancies did not exist, they were only introduced in February 1989
- There was no requirement for gas safety or energy performance certificates.
- There was no legal protection for client’s money or tenant’s deposits
- There was no Ombudsman scheme for Lettings agents
- There was no government body over seeing letting agents – Intercity Accommodation were amongst the first in Leeds to pass the stringent test with the National approved letting scheme (NALS)
The lettings market has matured considerably in 30 years.
However, it is interesting to note that 30 years ago there was a pretty frightening crisis in banking when interest rates reached 15% for a short while. There was a state of panic as borrowers attempted to fix their interest rates which were literally rising as people were stood in queues at their banks. Confidence at the time was shattered (similar to today) but 10 years later property prices have trebled and interest rates had fallen again. Good news for all those who remained optimistic and relied upon the guidance of Intercity Accommodation.
Intercity Accommodation considers that their secret to success is their long experience, judicious of tenants and their efficient handling of reports backed by reliable contractors such as TM West Plumbing Services Ltd, Clock Tower Carpets & Jacques Property Maintenance. Realistic and achievable rental valuations are vital. Inflated rental valuations may secure a let but they are almost always short term. High tenant turn over is very wearing on the property and places the owner at risk of void periods. Since 1980 our occupancy rates have averaged at over 90% per annum! The motto employed by Intercity Accommodation is `we would rather do no business than bad business`.
Intercity Accommodation was formed in 1980 and is still trading successfully as a property management and letting agent in Leeds. We have a selection of houses to rent, as well as professional and student flats. Our managed properties in Leeds are located in various areas in Leeds depending upon availability.
Our web site is edited daily and includes property for professionals, professional house shares, student flats, and flats and houses to let in Leeds. Intercity Accommodation charges a once-only administration fee if a property is applied for. This amount will depend on the rent figure required by the landlord but it will be approximately equivilant to one weeks rent of the property. We will declare in writing at the time of viewing how much the administration fee will be without obligation. We will advise applicants of all our fees during a viewing as a matter of course.
In addition to the above services, we also offer full management, `let-only` and `advertising-only`for owners & landlords. Property investments can be sought & acquired for investors. Blocks of Flats management a speciality. For more information on our investment opportunities, contact our Headingley Leeds Office, Tel.: 0113 2302303 or 2302304.